Thursday, April 10, 2008

Sick.

So I spent my day sick in bed. Not cool. I had a few days where I wasn't a 100% while here but today definitely knocked me down. I blame the banana, sugar cane and rum crepe I had last night. The other two who were sick had eaten that same meal. Who knows for sure... I'm finally starting to feel a little better and even ate a little soup so thats progress I guess! Everyone here has been so incredibly great. Bringing me water, soup, crackers and compliments. LoL. I've never been offered so many fluid IV's in my life! I was pretty bummed that I missed my lecture today. I was actually kind of excited to do a presentation. Maybe if I get the chance I will go into the hospital tomorrow and see what I can do. Today was actually the last official day of Cardiostart. They return in September and I may come again if the same people decide to go! We had a successful trip and literally saved a few lives. I hope we were able to leave some good things behind and maybe the hospital is slowly working its way up. So I leave Saturday and a few of us just plan on shopping and sight seeing until then! Oh yeah, Gloria is taking us out to the disco again on Friday night. Hopefully I'm feeling better. Other than that not a whole lot going on except saying goodbye as more people start to leave. Saying goodbye is definitely hard to do but I think I'll see many of them again on future missions. They are all such sweet caring and wonderful people!

No comments: