Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A very long weekend.

I am currently working one of the slowest night shifts I have ever experienced... only one or two nights have felt slower. Its starting to make me feel a bit loopy! The worst part about it is I have one more night shift just like tonight. As much as I love working 12 hour shifts, working 12 hour shifts 3 days in a row on a weekend like this feels like ETERNITY! In exchange for the 12 hour shifts from h**l on a holiday weekend, I will get most of this upcoming week off. In fact I'm glad to say that after tonight's shift (Sunday) i won't be back to work until Thursday than I'll be off again till Monday. I love that. Working 3 days a week is really nice for mommy Avie time.

Well I think I feel one of my "creativity" days coming on soon. For the last few days I've had this urge to do something creative. Every so often I'm hit by a creativity bug and I can see potential in almost anything. A view that needs to be photographed, a quilt to be sewn, an instrument to learn, a book to be written or just to follow any artistic route that can be taken. On these days everything has potential from oddly shaped rocks to random notes floating through my mind. I find myself listening to music I don't normally listen to and making stops at stores I don't normally frequent. I just want to touch and experience everything. Its hard for me to put this feeling into words being I'm not actually a creative person. Sad that I crave something that I just can't figure out. I really wish I had that creative gene my mother has but sadly I missed out on it! So to compensate for not being able to paint the next Mona Lisa or compose a piece to rival Mozart I will more than likely go crazy cleaning and rearrange my home, take Avie for long walks someplace new, get some pretty flowers and maybe blog more than I need to! Sorry guys!

No comments: