Friday, June 12, 2009

A little late!


Well time has come and gone and I am months and months behind on my little blog! Baby Girl Avalynn Marie was born Jan 5th at 620 am. She was a big little peanut just over 8pounds. I lucked out with a pretty easy delivery, 6 hours from the start of my contractions until she was born. My epidural made the time go by quickly and easily, delivery went by so easily with it!

I can't believe how fast time is going... she is already 5 months old! She's learned how to roll over and sit all by herself. What a good girl. :) Our next step is to learn how to sleep through the night. Since she turned 2 months old she's been waking up once a night to eat and than goes back to sleep. Can't complain about that really. She's lively and full of energy, she is constantly kicking her legs and swinging her arms. She's very alert and studies everything! Even the doctors were impressed with how far ahead she is compared to other infants her age.
I went back to work when she was 9 weeks old, that was pretty hard on both mommy and Avie. Being I had only moved back in July I didn't have enough PTO to take my full 3 months off. I was pretty disappointed. Luckily I only work 3 days a week 12 hours overnight, so I miss her sleepy hours and enjoy her during the day (between my naps!).
We've made a few trips north to visit the family. She does REALLY well with the 7 hour car rides, only once did we have a fussy trip. That was easily fixed with a mirror so she can see mom still... I think she felt abandoned in the back seat all alone! Well that's my quick update. I'll update again soon!

No comments: