Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Breath of Fresh Air.

So after 4 weeks of fighting a small but stubborn diaper rash using powders, ointments, old wives tales, and lots of naked baby time I finally threw the towel in and dialed the doctors office. Might I add that its not a bad diaper rash, she was rarely ever bothered by it, but it just WOULD NOT go away! I mean really, after all the hours I spent painting my daughters bum with creams, lotions and powders (not to mention the times I had to clean the carpet) I was pretty bummed (haha) to admit my defeat. All in all I was even more disappointed to hear the doctor say that its not exactly a diaper rash... its just her ultra sensitive skin getting dry and chaffed. His recommendation to fix it is too do exactly what I've been doing but in a different way. How frustrating is that? He also recommended giving her bum A Breath of Fresh Air, which I do, but his comment reminded me that I need to update my blog. Two times in one month, pretty good right?
Anyway, while we were at the doctor we talked about starting her on some baby food besides the rice cereal she gets. The thought of feeding her something new made the mama in me get all excited. Instead of going home we went right to the grocery store and bought her some yummy organic baby veggies! Within minutes of getting home, the groceries were put away and she was in her high chair. Mama was pretty excited for her very first taste of squash. Yeah! I wish I had gotten some pictures... She wasn't to excited at first and she threw a few nasty looks but after a few bites she was begging for more. In fact she would throw her whole body into the spoon. When her mouth missed the spoon the squash would spill down her cheeks, chin and sneak down into the crevice of her neck. I never knew squash was so yummy! Good thing she likes baths so much :) We finished our night off with a bath, a cuddle and with some slathering of the creams. So here's to hoping that an inch of butt paste, an inch of vanicream and a breath of fresh air gives my baby's bum that 'oh so soft' baby skin that I love so much!

No comments: