Monday, November 9, 2009

Sweet baby girl

Avalynn loves books and she loves to be read too. Today she was putting together my words so that when I would say 'turn the page', she realized that it was time to actually turn the page. One of her favorite books is Skippyjon Jones, when I get to the part of the story where the kitty sniffs near and far, she always sniffs her little nose. Its great! She's also started hunting for her blanket when I ask her where her blanket is. When she spies it, she goes to get it, picks it up with a huge smile on her face and is so proud of herself. I love it! It's so amazing watching her soak in the world around her. I know that babies grow and learn so much in their first year but I didn't actually put together how it would happen. I didn't realize you could physically watch the information 'click' in their heads. One minute she has no idea what 'turn the page' means and than all of the sudden BAM she's turning pages and is moving on to the next thing. I'm amazed by how much and how fast she is learning and I love being here, seeing it happen and being a part of it. Couldn't ask for a better baby girl than the one I have :)

Reading her stories. She tells her own story and turns the pages as she goes! Super cute :)

Playing in her 'fort'.

No comments: